Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Gingersnaps

These are the other cookies I made for my dad as part of his birthday cookie care package. Gingersnaps! He’s loved these ever since I can remember but I’ve only ever made them twice. I tend to like them when the texture is a little chewy, but my dad likes them better when they’re hard and crunchy, so I made sure they were just how he likes them.

Gingersnaps
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 1 egg
  • 2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 cup white decorating sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, oil, molasses, and egg.
Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger;
stir into the molasses mixture. Roll dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Roll
each ball in white sugar before placing 2 inches apart on ungreased
cookie sheets.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven, or until center is firm. Cool on wire racks.

(adapted from Kirbie's Cravings)

No comments:

Post a Comment