Saturday, August 18, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Reese's Pieces

This weekend is being spent up in Portsmouth / Maine to celebrate my dad's 50th birthday. His birthday is actually September 2nd, but my aunt and uncle are going to be in the area, so we're celebrating early. I haven't seen my dad, aunt, uncle, or cousins in a while (especially the latter, I think it's been years) so I'm really excited. My dad adores peanut butter cookies and last year I made him peanut butter bacon cookies, so I made more this year since he loved them so much. I wanted to make something for the less adventurous in my family (mainly my cousins), so I made these cookies as well. Chocolate and peanut butter is always a good combination.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Reese's Pieces (adapted from The Curvy Carrot)
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces candies
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used Nestle chocolate chunks)
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. With the mixer running, slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture, mixing until combined.

Add the Reese's Pieces and chocolate chips. Mix to combine.
In rounded tablespoons, place the cookies about 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet, pressing each one down slightly to flatten.
Bake the cookies until the bottoms are lightly browned, about 10 minutes total. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment