Thursday, August 16, 2012

My First Adagio Experience + T-Rex Tea Infuser — Reviews

The way I found out about Adagio is a long and geeky story. I was absolutely obsessed with The Avengers after it came out (I ended up seeing it 5 times in theatres). My Avengers obsession may have started with the movie but I've always loved comics. I never really started reading any other Marvel comics besides X-Men/Deadpool/Spider-Man until after the Thor film came out and I got really into those comics. I wanted to get my hands on anything Avengers I could. I started watching the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon, got as many comics as I could get my hands on, and most importantly, I started following a lot of blogs on tumblr that posted Avengers-related things. This is how I found out about Cara McGee's fandom teas.

I am a tea addict. I used to be really into coffee when I was younger, but now I can't stand the stuff. I have always loved tea, though when I was younger I mostly just drank it when I was sick and had a sore throat or whenever my dad made iced sweet tea. Then I discovered chai tea and never went back.
Now, I had originally started following Cara because of her Avengers blends (Avengers and tea? Two of my favorite things, how could I resist?) but never bought any of the teas until I became obsessed with BBC's Sherlock. Cara has many different blends based on different shows / characters and etc. I ended up getting to pick out two blends as a present, and picked the Steve Rogers and Moriarty blends because they both have chai in them.
First off, Adagio is absolutely amazing with their service. Everyone who works there seems to be ridiculously nice, and I got my order within 2 or 3 days of placing it. I would definitely buy from them again and am ridiculously thankful for finding out about them in the first place. The tea itself is loose tea, meaning you need a tea infuser unless you want little bits of tea leaves and such floating around while you try to drink your tea. I used to have a lot of tea infusers, since my father and I both drank tea, but didn't take any when I moved. So I ordered a tea infuser I'd had my eyes on for a while, this adorable T-Rex one.
The Steve Rogers blend (a blend of spiced apple chai, almond, and assam melody) smells exactly like pie and is one of the most delicious teas I think I've ever had. While it's more on the sweet side, the Moriarty blend (a blend of masala chai and ginger) is spicy and lovely just like chai should be. No complaints here about the tea, but the tea infuser was not what I expected, unfortunately.
It's much tinier than I thought it would be. Then again, I don't know how large I did expect it to be, seeing as it has to fit in a cup. Still, don't expect to get anything but a little over a cup of tea from it. Besides that, it's ridiculously hard to clean out, especially if you pack it tightly to get the most out of your tea / if you like it on the stronger side, like I do. That's my biggest complaint about it. The infuser is made of silicone so you would think you could easily turn it inside out to get the tea out, but no can do. So, while the T-Rex infuser is cute, it's not the most functional. I'll definitely be snagging one of my old metal ball infusers from my dad's house next time I visit.

You can buy Cara's lovely tea blends here.

No comments:

Post a Comment