Monday, July 9, 2012

Cow Cookies

Not to be confused with "cowboy cookies" or "cowgirl cookies." Just cow cookies. Because they're black and white patterned like a cow!
I didn't have a lot to work with (we were almost out of cocoa powder and butter when I started making these and now we are out) but I didn't want to make plain old chocolate chip cookies. I made these before, but with a different recipe. I have to say I like this one better.

"Cow" Cookies (makes about 5 dozen)

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder (I use Hershey's)
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups Nestle chocolate chunks
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chunks. Divide dough in half. Mix the cocoa powder with one half of the dough. Grab an equal amount of the plain and chocolate dough, and roll into a ball (about a tablespoon of dough should cover it, depending on how big you like your cookies). Place on greased baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden. Cool on baking sheet and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment