Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cucumber Sandwiches and Tea at 4am

My father taught me how to make cucumber sandwiches when I was younger, because like most little girls, I liked having tea parties, and wanted real food to go with it. I had always heard of cucumber sandwiches being served with tea at fancy parties, so I imagined them to be this incredibly complex thing to make.

This is how my dad taught me to make them, and how I like them, though I'm sure there are many different substitutions and varieties out there for you to experiment with.

Cucumber Sandwiches

  • bread of your choice (I usually use wheat)
  • a cucumber
  • cream cheese
  • dill weed

Toast your bread to your liking, then spread a good amount of cream cheese on one side. Slice your cucumber into thin circles and place them on top of the bread. Sprinkle dill weed on top of cucumber slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment